Kurt just celebrated his 40th birthday on Saturday. (I know, you're thinking, "What! Your husband is 40?!" But he really doesn't seem that "old.").
I considered it one of those "milestones" birthdays so I knew I had to make it special. We made a weekend celebration out of it and wouldn't you know it, I forgot to take my camera to everything so now all you get is this boring account of what we did.
It all started on Friday night with a surprise party. (His first one) He truly had no idea and looked shocked when he walked in and saw his closest friends and family there. It helped that he had been out of town in San Francisco this week so I could finish getting everything ready. Thanks to all those who helped me by the way, especially Heather and Melissa who helped me set up for the party.
We held it at the church so we'd have enough room for everyone. We told
Kurt we all wanted to go to Krispy Kreme for a donut that night to lure him out of the house. On the way, Jackson and Collin even got in on the act by talking about what kind of donut they were going to get. They are great secret keepers. They knew about the party from the beginning and never let on to Kurt about it. I told him that I needed to stop by the church on the way to look at something for my friend Melissa for our ward party coming up next week and that I might need his help with something. That's how we got him in the church and it worked. We played a few games with quotes from 80's movies and 80's songs (thanks for the idea Rachelle) and visited and ate. A good time was had by all.
1 year ago
2 comments:
Way to go!! I'm so glad that you pulled it off. We had a great time and it was fun to be on the celebration...can't believe he is 40--doesn't look it!! (Must be that he stays that way because he's married to a way cute younger woman!!)
Thanks Heather! Just for the record, so everyone knows, I'm nowhere near 40! (At least not for the next few years).
Post a Comment