Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall . . .


I have a love hate relationship with Fall. I have learned to appreciate it a little more over the past few years. I used to dread it. Here are a few reasons for my love/hate.


Love:

Fall decorations, especially on the porch.

The temperature cools down a little.

Getting out the fall/winter wardrobe.

Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Pumpkin bars and Pumpkin cake dessert.

The leaves changing colors.


Hate:

The temperature is too cold for my morning runs.

It's messy. Crunched up leaves everywhere.

The beginning of my favorite desserts and candies season= weight gain if I'm not careful!

Knowing summer has come to an end. It always makes me sad.

The bare trees and barren, brown landscape.

Knowing colder weather is on the way.


2 comments:

Carrie said...

I meant to tell you yesterday that your porch was cute. Also, I am way impressed how you have brought back your yard so quickly. It looked fabulous!!!! All the hard work is paying off, just in time for a winter break. But I am sure it will be a breeze to take care of next spring.

Kurt and Tami said...

Thanks so much! I've been a little discouraged that we didn't quite get everything done that we wanted to this summer on the yard. It takes a lot of work, but hopefully we can start on all of the fun stuff, like planting trees, flowers, etc. in the spring.