Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bear Lake





What a great way to spend a scorching hot day! And believe me, the sun was beating down, especially on my back while I was trying to get just a "little" bit of color. I'm paying the price now.
The kids had so much fun playing in the sand and water. Brooklyn learned after dipping her face down in the sand twice that it isn't very tasty. And the murky water you see her playing in looks pretty gross and you're probably thinking, "What kind of mother lets her child play in nasty looking water like that?" Well, the truth is, yes the water looked cloudy and a little disgusting, but it was warm and just the right depth for her to play in close to us.
After getting dinner, and of course, the famous raspberry shake, we headed off to visit my best friend from high school. We hadn't seen each other in 13 years. We had A LOT to catch up on and the hour and a half that we spent together went by way too fast. I can't wait to chat some more in a couple of weeks when she stops by for a visit on her way home to Texas. Thanks Annie! I've missed you.

0 comments: