Could we have asked for better weather here on July 4th? I don't remember the last time I didn't sweat just sitting watching the parade. This year was beautiful. Our celebrations began with a trip to the Layton Parade. We had good seats, the kids were happy with seeing the fire trucks and horses, and of course, getting candy, and I was happy because the weather was perfect!
Then it was off to a pool party and barbecue at Kurt's sister's house. My kids are pretty happy about the new pool. Thanks Lindy and Chris! The dinner and company were great also. After dragging the kids out of the pool, which wasn't very easy, we headed home.
Sparklers, smores, and firework watching followed. We had the best seats! We could see the Clearfield and Layton fireworks displays from our back deck. If you don't want to fight the crowds next year, come on over. The more the merrier.
I do love the 4th of July. Not only the festivities and spending time with family, but it's a day to reflect on just how lucky and blessed we all are. I always get a little choked up when I see the military marching up with the flag and see the essential wave of people begin to stand out of respect for the flag and all that it represents. It used to bother me when I wouldn't see people stand but the events in our country over the past eight years have changed that. It's inspiring to see something good come of all of it and the renewed sense of pride that we all have to say that we're Americans.
1 year ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment