Monday, August 25, 2008

The First Day of School . . .



and the tears are streaming. Not tears of joy, but tears of sadness. My little Jackson started First Grade today. He's been so excited, especially to eat lunch at school. But I have been dreading this day all week. I felt a tinge of sadness as Kurt and I walked out of the school and was doing fine until I walked into his bedroom to change the sheets on the beds. Then, I lost it. I cried. I cried for feeling guilty that sometimes I'm too hard on him. I cried because my little helper is gone all day now and I cried because my baby isn't a baby anymore and is growing up way too fast. I know he'll do great this year but it's so hard letting go. If it's this tough now, I'm already dreading when he leaves for college and on a mission.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Noah's first day of kg was yesterday. I too cried. And I know I will cry again.

The first thing that I thought when I found out Noah was a boy (at our 20 week appointment), was, oh my goodness, I am going to have to send him on a mission! They grow up way too fast!

Hydes said...

What a big day, I am so glad he is enjoying it. Porter wants to play everyday about 1:00 with Jackson. We will have to have them play on Fridays. What a cutie!!!

Shannon said...

I never thought I'd be one of those emotoinal moms but I got teary eyed just reading your post! I wonder if it's hardest with the first or if we become bigger babies with each kid!

candrkoch said...

Hi Tammy, I was going to say I started tearing up too just reading your post, then I saw Shannon's comment of the same. It's amazing how quickly those little boys grow up. It seems like just yesterday Max & Jack were the only kids, playing each day with water in the bucket & paintbrushes. It's flying by way too fast!

Heidi and Josch said...

oh what a little stud. he looks so cute. i cant believe he is in school.

holy crapoly on your hair! i love it. that is so dang cute. im tempted to do something to mine too, so thanks for being a good example. i love it!

cant wait to see you guys next week and finally meet that little cousin. we are such losers for not coming by before now.
love ya

Heidi and Josch said...

in first grade i guess i should say!