Monday, August 24, 2009

A Taste of the Big Apple






All of that worrying for nothing. I was so stressed about leaving the kids for 4
days,(we'd never left Brooklyn before), and everything went great. Now I find myself thinking, so when's our next vacation, without the kids! We had such a great time in New York. I have to say, I learned my lesson after walking close to 10 miles the first day and used the subway a little more the next day. I can't believe how sore my feet and hips were. But that didn't keep me from my all important mission of making the most of every day there. Highlights included: seeing "Wicked" (Amazing-highly recommend),Central Park (could have easily spent an entire day there),SHOPPING, seeing Matt, Al, and Ann in person during the Today show, and just being in the city taking it all in. I was lucky my youngest sister Zoe was able to come up from D.C. to spend a day with me while Kurt was at his conference. A great time was had by all!

1 comments:

Barnes said...

Makes me want to go back today--I love the Big Apple.